Hello there! Thanks for finding me on Instagram and wanting to learn more 🙂 My name is Lily, I’m 24, and I blog about sustainability, running, and travel.
I like to use Instagram as a way to share bite-sized info, but the topics I cover are often very nuanced. If you want to learn more, check out these detailed posts that I’ve written. If you’re only interested in sustainable fashion, check out my niche TikTok and YouTube (linked below).
Action Items to Support Garment Workers
Fashion Revolution Week
- Email 2 brands to publish a list of their suppliers. If they respond, follow up with more specific questions. (pages 16-17 of the guide)
- Email 2 brands that have yet to pay for canceled orders due to Covid.
You might say something like:
I love your clothing, but I’m concerned about labor rights issues within your supply chain. [Brand] has yet to commit to paying for canceled COVID-19 orders, despite the fact that you have [a billionaire CEO] OR [made profits during the pandemic]. At the same time, the majority of garment workers have not had enough money to feed themselves. As a [former] customer, I urge you to commit to paying up and provide fair working conditions for your workers, outlined at payupfashion.com.
I will be following along your decision. Until then, I cannot support your brand.
Other Action Items
Sustainable Fashion & Living
- Ethical + Sustainable Brand Directory
- Our Dangerous Obsession with Huge Fashion Hauls (post + video)
- Allbirds Tree Dashers Review
- 7 Ethical + Sustainable Underwear Brands (Size-Inclusive Options!)
- The Gentrification of Thrifting: Is Thrifting + Reselling Ethical?
- 9 Common Misconceptions About Sustainable Fashion
- Sustainable or Greenwashing? How to Evaluate Fashion Brands
- Is Shopping on Etsy Ethical and Sustainable?
- Is SHEIN Ethical? Deep Dive Into Their Greenwashing
- Is Everlane *Actually* Ethical and Sustainable?
- Deadstock Fabrics: A Form of Greenwashing?
- Why “Made in America” Clothing Isn’t Always Ethical
- Diva Cup Review: Menstrual Cup Pros and Cons
- Wastetarianism: A Beginner’s Guide
- 10 Common Recycling Mistakes to Avoid
- Bordeaux, France Travel Guide
- How to Visit Québec’s Ice Hotel (Hôtel de Glace)
- My Boston travel & living website
- 10 Common Running Mistakes to Avoid (Especially Beginners!)
- 8 Tips to Prevent Running Injuries – From a Marathoner
- My race reviews
Where to Find Me
TikTok (sustainable fashion only)
YouTube (also mostly sustainable fashion and living)
Blog (running, travel, sustainability)